Patent Your Invention in 5 Easy Steps
You know you have a unique invention. You've created a prototype and you wonder, should I bother with a patent? The answer is yes. Here are 5 simple steps to patenting your product.
1. Do your homework, research the CIPO and USPTO sites to ensure your product is unique
2. If you can't afford to hire an attorney, you can do it yourself. (I did...it takes time and dedication, but you can do it!)
3. Don't let anyone but your "circle of trust" know about your invention.
4. Find a mentor who has done this before and don't be afraid to ask for advice. Most people are happy to help out, they've been there before and know how you feel.
5. Once you have filed your paperwork, be sure to pay your fees and respond to all correspondence with CIPO and USPTO on time.
Anytime you need assistance, contact the patent office they are super helpful and from my experience very pleasant too!
Good Luck, you'll be happy you took the first step to patenting your invention!